Saturday, January 15, 2011

MT Right of Passage

So I got my first Elk today. Have lived in Montana for just over 8 years now and on my second season of hunting Elk. One shot was all that I needed to put her down,which hit her in the neck. It was an awesome day starting with watching the sun rise over the Sphinx mountain in the Madison Range as I walked the field towards a huge heard of elk. It took a little while but finally I was able to get close enough, which was I think about 200-250 yards. It was all that I imagined and was made easy by some fellow Montana hunters that helped me drag my elk out with their 4-wheeler. I was very pleased that I field dressed her without any complications. I have heard too many horror stories about people screwing up field dressing. So I know I will have to pass on the karma sometime dragging an elk out for someone else or help in dressing the elk for them. I was able to drop her off at the game processor and hope to be barbecuing next week. What a day, I'm tired and will sleep good tonight.





3 comments:

Matt "Gilligan" Koles said...

Poor little guy.

Crazy Uncle Larry said...

You're gonna make Gil cry.

Chris Scott said...

Ya, I heard Gil is a vegan fly tyer now.