Tuesday, September 27, 2011

The Snake

So Devun had a soccer tournament down in Jackson Hole, WY. So I thought I had better bring my rod as I did not last year and wished I had. We had sometime in between games so we hit up the Snake in Grand Teton National Park. The Snake has one of the most scenic backdrops ever, with the Tetons towering over the landscape. I was told it is a tough river to wade fish, but we found and nice mellow channel of the river, which was more like fishing a creek. I noticed we had a nice hatch of the area's fall drake called the Hecuba. I then I saw a few fish rise. It was game on. Devun had tangled his line, so I gave him my rod and with a few casts, I heard a big gulp and Devun's rod was bent over.

I could not get a good grip and grin of Devun, but I think this picture turned out better. Devun's nice release of a 18" Fine Spotted Snake River Cutthroat.

I finally got my rod back and was able to catch my first Snake River cuttie, not as big as Devun's though. For only fishing about 2 hours and a $14 Wyoming day fishing license, I think I got my money's worth.


No comments: