Sunday, August 12, 2012

Grayling Tour 2012

So the big rivers are feeling the heat of late, so I took to hiking in to some mountain lakes I have not been to before.  Tried out Deer Lake and Moon Lake just north of Big Sky in the Spanish Peak area.  It was about a 6 mile hike in up hill and you can guess a 6 mile hike down hill.  Great day, it did get a little smoky later in the day with smoke blowing in from the south.  Good camp spots up here, would be a great place to come back to and camp.
Deer Lake in the Spanish Peaks, full with Grayling.
Cork excited to swim after a 6 mile hike in.
Grayling, kinda like a white fish but way prettier.
High mountain fish always fall for the ant.
Moon Lake just below Deer Lake, caught a couple Rainbows here, no Grayling though.
Trail side snack, Huckleberries. 
A young cow moose, probably a little to close.  Cork notice her first and froze looking at here.  Then I noticed her and told Cork to stay until I could get her leash on her.  The moose watched us the whole time with her main spike up.  I was a little worried there for a few, but Cork was good and we just walked on by her.  I took this picture as I was feeling safe that we got by her.

No comments: