Saturday, August 14, 2010

MT Small Creek Tour

Devun, my Dad, and I headed over to Big Creek today and we had a great time on the creek with another big emergence of Grey Drakes. Since we fished Grey Drakes last weekend my box was a little low on Grey Drake sparkle duns. So we improvised and used some other big sparkle duns that work pretty good. The day started pretty gloomy with rain and low clouds but the sun broke out for a nice day. Devun is getting pretty spoiled with all this good dry fly fishing. We were all amazed how big the fish were for how small the creek was. I had a nice cutthroat on but I could not stop him with my glass 3 weight from taking me into a log jam and then broke me off . We are going to head to Glacier next week, hope to do a little fishing too and pick some Huckleberries.

Devun sportin the Gill's Guide Service Hat

Fish on!

Grey Drake Macro Photo

Another Grey Drake

1 comment:

Matt "Gilligan" Koles said...

Yup, nice hat. That kid is spoiled.